What is AndroLCMS
AndroLCMS is a Learning Content Management System that extends the content capabilities of a Learning Management System (LMS). Built from the powerful Alfresco Enterprise Content Management System (EMS), AndroLCMS has been purposely designed to meet specific needs of education and learning initiatives.
AndroLCMS allows administrators and creators to manage content quality, version control, digital rights, search and discovery, and more.
The LCMS also supports key online learning standards such as SCORM and IMS content packages.
Features of AndroLCMS
AndroLCMS has been built with additional capabilities that help address the shortcomings of an out-of-the-box LMS.
- Discoverability: AndroLCMS enhances the search features of a traditional LMS.
- Students and learners can easily search and filter through course documents to find what they need when they need it. When files are uploaded to the LCMS, the content is automatically picked up, and the metadata auto-filled.
- Auditability: Auditing is important in ensuring that your LMS isn’t hiding outdated content or broken links. You can also track who changed what and when.
- Compliance: AndroLCMS allows administrators and creators to manage digital rights and meet copyright compliance standards.
- Content Lifecycle Management: The AndroLCMS plugin has a workflow function that allows administrators to manage the lifecycle of a content item.
- Currency & Shared Content: Outdated files are automatically removed. Only updated files with relevant course content will be accessible to learners. Course designers have access to earlier document versions if needed.
Benefits of Alfresco LCMS:
AndroLCMS is an extension of the world’s largest open-source ECM platform – Alfresco LCMS. Content is stored and managed in Alfresco, but can be accessed in the LMS.
Here are some of the key benefits of Alfresco:
- Enhance Productivity: Having all documentation in a single repository makes it easier to find and retrieve information.
- Reduce Costs: An LCMS can significantly reduce the costs involved in course development.
- Process Standardisation: Alfresco LCMS integration helps unify the procedures to perform all the tasks, defining flows.
- Mobility: The Alfresco mobile application enables users to work from their mobile devices. Users can access and edit several document formats.
- Preservation of Documents: The Records Management module facilitates the compliance of stored documents.
- Single Sign-On (SSO): Alfresco Learning CMS works on Single Sign-On, which allows its users one-click access to both the LMS and Alfresco.
- Enhances Collaboration: Alfresco is a centralised platform where information can be safely stored. This allows employees or learners to collaborate and share relevant documents to complete tasks quicker.
- Open Source: Alfresco is open-source, which means that extensions and integrations can be implemented easily.
If you’d like further information or you’d like to request a demonstration of the AndroLCMS plugin, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here at eWorks LMS.