What is Blackboard SafeAssign?
Blackboard SafeAssign is a plagiarism prevention tool that detects plagiarised content in students' papers.
By comparing submitted assignments against the student's work and academic papers, SafeAssign can detect if students have plagiarised previously written content. This helps ensure academic integrity and originality of the student's work.
Highly effective as both a deterrent and an educational tool, SafeAssign plagiarism checker can also be used to help students identify how to correctly attribute sources and give credit to the original authors instead of simply paraphrasing the work of others.
The Blackboard SafeAssign software is built into the Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS). It helps instructors make informed decisions surrounding the reporting of students for academic dishonesty.
SafeAssign Plugin Features
- SafeAssign for students can be used to review test submissions for originality.
- The SafeAssign plugin supports a wide array of file types, including DOCX, DOC, PPT, PPTX, PDF, TXT, ODT, RTF, HTML, and HTM. (SafeAssign is not compatible with spreadsheet files). SafeAssign also supports ZIP files and can process files that match these file types.
- Once you have the report detailing the plagiarised percentage of text in the submitted paper, you can also check out the suspected sources for each section of the submitted paper that returns a match.
- Being fully integrated with the Blackboard Grade Center, the SafeAssign plagiarism checker lets the faculty use the inline grading feature for grading and annotating papers.
- Embedding SafeAssign into the module can help students develop their academic writing skills and allow educators to deep-dive into the students’ development needs.
- With the SafeAssign plagiarism tool, students can independently check their work for plagiarism before an assignment deadline.
- If the Blackboard assignments with SafeAssign is switched on, all student submissions will be checked by SafeAssign for plagiarism or referencing errors.
SafeAssign Plugin Benefits
- Easy to Use: All the information you need is presented in a clean, understandable interface.
- Integrated Workflows: SafeAssign plagiarism seamlessly integrates with your LMS, eliminating the need for another external tool.
- Robust Content Sources: SafeAssign for students compares user submissions with content from other students, academic and business journals, and the broader Internet.
- Inline Match Comparison: Easily identify areas of overlap between source content and content in the interface.
- Teachable Moments: Educators have the choice of whether or not to allow students to see the results of SafeAssign Originality Reports.
This tool gives educators valuable insight into whether their students understand the concepts of academic integrity and the practice of accurate referencing. The information will enable them to provide students with the necessary support and guidance.
If you’d like further information or want to request a demonstration of the Blackboard SafeAssign plugin, don't hesitate to get in touch with us here at eWorks LMS.